The natural return of the large carnivores (bear, wolf and lynx) in the Alpine protected areas and the still very good distribution of these species in the Carpathians is a challenging situation. On the one side, it evidences the improving nature and habitat protection in the Alps and a high degree of acceptance of the carnivores in the Carpathians, but on the other side, it causes several problems with human activities especially in the Alps. The cooperation between Carpathian and Alpine protected areas and specialists seem essential in this issue.
Managers, staff and specialists of the Alpine and Carpathian protected areas, associated institutions, organizations and scientists, as well as the experts of nature protection and all the involved stakeholders.
- Registration: 30th May 2009
- Proposal of speakers with summary of their text (2000 signs): 30th May
- Speakers registration: 30th May 2009
- Sending of presentations of the speakers (text for publication): 30th May 2009
- Final programme: 15th of June.
The colloquium language is English
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
2nd - 4th July 2009 in Liptovsky Jan, Nizke Tatry National Park / Slovakia