Since 2008, the French National Parks and the insurance company GMF are working together on a program to adapt the accessibility of the French national parks and taking into account the four different groups of disabled persons: physically, mental or visually handicapped and deaf-and-dump persons.
This ambitious program today includes 9 French National Parks:
- Modification of information centers and their entries and recreation areas
- Adaptation of some paths, view - and observation points
- Development of educational strategies for environmental education, to explore the area on certain routes
A video report, 10 minutes long, shows you different implementation measures and facilities in French national parks:
The video is only available in French. Nevertheless, as demonstrated by the images, the video shows interesting opportunities for accessibility.
Zoom on the 3 Alpine national parks:
- A section of the video concerning the Vanoise national park, 1 min 40.
- A section of the video concerning the Ecrins national park, 1 min 40.
- A section of the video concerning the Mercantour national park, 1 min 42.
Source : The french national parks http://www.parcsnationaux.fr